Atlas Parallel - Syrris - Multi-Position Reactor Stations
Atlas Parallel Systems
- Category: Atlas
- Published: 18 November 2009
Atlas Parallel Systems are multi-position reactor stations for up to 8 Atlas jacketed reactors or round bottom flasks, all controlled from one PC. They offer full, independent control and logging of all reaction parameters such as temperature, stirrer speed, pH, dosing, heat flow, turbidity, etc. and are therefore ideal for process optimization.
- Full parallel control: Complete independent control of up to 8 Atlas Parallel Chemistry Systems (listed opposite) is possible from one PC. Control similar or totally different systems simultaneously.
- Total flexibility: Choose reactor sizes from 50ml to 5 litres. Atlas Parallel System reactors can also be separated and controlled from the front panel or with the PC software.
- Easy to use software: The Software enables apparatus to be configured using the simple “drag and drop” interface and recipes can be easily created, changed and saved.
- Quick change vessel: The oil drain unit, vessel clamp and quick oil connectors allow jacketed vessels to be changed in under a minute, without the need for tools.
- Control of manufacturer’s apparatus: The intelligent software will not only control Atlas hardware, but also RS232 controlled apparatus e.g. pumps, balances, circulators, flow meters, vacuum controllers, FTIR probes, FBRM probes, etc.
- Safe: Responses from sensors can be constantly monitored and graphed with easy to use alarms and emergency control.
- Easy control and data logging: Experiments can be modified “on the fly”. All process data can be graphed in real time and is logged to one .csv data file making analysis easy.
Atlas Parallel Software
Atlas Parallel Software provides complete system control, configuration and analysis. It opens multiple instances of Atlas Software (2300102) and defines the system to which each piece of apparatus is assigned. Setpoints, ramps or sophisticated profiles can be set for each reactor with easy to use alarms and emergency control. Experiments can be paused and modified “on-the-fly”. Data from all systems can be viewed in the run view of any instance of Atlas Software and all data is saved to one common .csv file.
A selection of Atlas Parallel reactors, available includes:
- Parallel Atlas Lithium: Automates heating/cooling of reactions in round bottom flasks or vials with magnetic stirring.
- Parallel Atlas Sodium: Automated system for round bottom flasks with overhead stirring and temperature control.
- Parallel Atlas Potassium: Fully automated laboratory reactors for jacketed reactions from 50ml to 5 litres.
The Atlas Potassium forms the basis for the following systems:
- Parallel Atlas Volumetric Dosing: The addition of a versatile syringe pump allows automated temperature or pH dependant dosing.
- Parallel Atlas Gravimetric Dosing: A peristaltic pump and balance allows accurate gravimetric dosing to the reactors.
- Parallel Atlas Turbidity: Enables monitoring and control of crystallization processes, emulsions, suspensions, etc.
- Parallel Atlas pH Monitoring and Control: Allows the pH value to be monitored, logged and controlled.
- Parallel Atlas Remote Mount: Allows reactors up to 5 litres to be located away from base, on laboratory scaffolding.
- Parallel Atlas Reaction Monitoring: Accurately monitors Tr - Tj.
- Parallel Atlas Calorimeter: Easy to use calorimeters generate real time power and enthalpy data using Heat Flow or Power Compensation calorimetry.
- Parallel Atlas SonoLab: Fully automated ultrasound systems for sonocrystallization, sonomilling and sonochemistry.
- Parallel Atlas FT-IR Spectrometer: High performance FT-IR spectrometer systems for in situ reaction monitoring.
The Atlas Parallel Software allows all the functionality available in single systems to be available when controlled in parallel. Therefore for the system specifications, please see the relevant Atlas system page that is being controlled in parallel.
- Click here to download the Atlas Parallel Reactor Systems Flyer
- Click here to download the Atlas Brochure
- Click here to download the Syrris Batch Chemistry Reactors 2012 Catalogue