FRX Flow Chemistry - Syrris - Affordable Flow Chemistry
FRX Flow Chemistry Overview
The FRX system from Syrris makes flow chemistry cost effective, easy to use, understandable and affordable. FRX is made up of a number of modules that can be connected together to form simple yet powerful flow chemistry systems.
Watch the Introduction to FRX Video [see more videos...]
- Faster reactions: Increase reaction rates over 100 fold by superheating reactions significantly above reflux e.g. dichloromethane to 100°C, acetonitrile 150°C and water to 170°C.
- Cleaner reactions: Reduced impurities via excellent, reproducible reaction control and optional use of solid phase reagents / catalysts / scavengers.
- Inline aqueous work-up: The Flow Liquid Liquid Extraction Module (FLLEX) enables two immiscible phases to be mixed and separated in flow, immediately following the reaction.
- Safer reactions: Only small amounts of materials react at any time, minimising exotherms and the quantity of any hazardous intermediates.
- Rapid development: Reaction time, temperature and equivalents can be rapidly varied using mg of substrate.
- Scale-up: Production rates up to kg overnight. Wide temperature range. Heat reactions up to 200°C or cool down to -20°C.
- Chemically resistant: Glass and PTFE reactors allow a wide range of chemistry.
- Compact size: FRX systems fit easily into standard fume cupboards.
All the FRX systems are intuitive and easy to use, without the need for tools. The configuration of a system can be changed in seconds to meet the needs of different reactions.