Crystallization Monitoring and Control with Syrris Atlas HD Crystallization
Crystallization is defined as a process by which a chemical is converted from a liquid solution into a solid crystalline state. Syrris systems offer a range of solutions to the problem of crystallization monitoring and control.
Turbidity probe – see the Atlas HD System with optional Turbidity Probe
FBRM probe – all Atlas systems can be integrated with the Lasentec FBRM probe for particle size analysis
Automation – Intelligent solvent additions and temperature control are made easy with the Atlas Software allowing easy meta-stable zone analysis
Flow chemistry – Excellent control of mixing and temperature leads to narrow particle size distribution. See the Flow Chemistry page.
- Crystallization is the most common method of formation of pharmaceutical solids
- Usually aim to achieve goals of high purity and high yield by solely using controlled cooling crystallizations
- Almost all chemical processes utilize at least one crystallization step (either as key separation mechanism or final product engineering)
- Crystallization processes are poorly understood and are difficult to control
- Control of nucleation difficult but is the key to process control
- Physical form dictates drug product quality and effectiveness
- Process robustness governs process productivity and economics
Syrris products offer a range of solutions to the problem of crystallization control and monitoring.
- Excellent temperature control using sophisticated PID temperature control
- Metastable zone width determination
- Crystallize along a turbidity ramp
- Complete control of nucleation
- Improved polymorph selectivity
- Achieve extremely narrow particle distribution
- Seamless scale up to pilot plant and manufacturing
- Easy to use drag and drop software
For more information about crystallization, please contact us