Any questions relating to Data Privacy with Blacktrace or this Policy should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to DPO, Unit 3, Anglian Business Park, Orchard Road, Royston Herts SG8 5TW, United Kingdom. Alternatively, you can call our DPO, on +44 (0) 1763 252 149.
What personal Information is held
We may collect and process the following data from you:
- Information you consent to provide Blacktrace that is required to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us, or potential contracts that may be in liaison between you and us.
- Information that you consent to provide by filling in forms on our website, meeting us at an event, or as part of any direct marketing or sales activities. This includes and is not limited to personal information about you such as your name, telephone number, geographical address/location, email address, and interests.
- Note: Clear consent information is supplied at point of collection to provide information on the use of data, and a record of the consent is taken at point of collection.
- If you contact us by telephone or in writing, we may keep a copy of your correspondence or communication.
If you have provided us with the personal data of another person, there is a clear requirement imposed by Blacktrace for you to confirm that he/she consents to the processing of his/her personal data and that you have informed him/her of our identity as a Data Controller and the nature of the processing taking place. Records will be retained as evidence of this consent.
How will we use the information we hold about you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Performance of a contract – We use information held about you to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us, and to notify you about changes to our services.
Legitimate Interests – We use information held about you to provide you with information, products and/or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you if relevant to the products or services currently being supplied as part of a contract with Blacktrace, or in relation to a previous contract with Blacktrace whereby you are happy to continue to receive such information. We may also contact you after you have attended a webinar or registered an interest on our website or at an event, with information we feel may be of interest you. You can opt out at any time.
Consent (Direct Marketing) – We use information held about you to provide you with information on products and/or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. Where consent has been provided to Blacktrace or one of our brands, it is a recognized right of the Data Subject that this consent can also be withdrawn. Should you wish to withdraw consent, you can opt out online, email email@example.com, or write to DPO, Unit 3, Anglian Business Park, Orchard Road, Royston Herts SG8 5TW, United Kingdom. Alternatively, you can call our DPO, on +44 (0) 1763 252 149.
Sharing of personal data – We will not share your data with third parties for other marketing purposes unless we have your express consent to do so.
Where we have a partner or distributor that is better placed to serve you or has additional value to offer you, we will share your information with them to provide a better service or localized communications.
Your rights relating to Personal Data
You have the right to ask us to cease processing your personal data for marketing purposes. We will seek consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your data to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can choose to unsubscribe at any time.
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised at any time. Blacktrace operates both a Data Subjects Rights procedure and a Subject Access Rights Procedure to ensure that all rights exercised by data subjects relating to personal data are managed appropriately.
Our website may contain links to and from websites of our strategic partner(s), distributors, or to related content and publications. These websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies.
Retention of your information
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any information collected from you is kept secure.
Blacktrace operate a clear Retention policy and associated Retention Schedule to ensure personal data is kept only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which such information is used.
If any of your personal data changes, or if you have any questions about how we use data which relates to you, please contact us by email at email@example.com. We normally update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, strategic partner(s) or distributors, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
As part of our GDPR compliance obligations, we are duty bound to check when personal data may be shared with third parties to ensure that they apply the same level of control in terms of data protection.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties;
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Blacktrace, our customers or others.
Blacktrace has risk-assessed where personal information may be transferred outside the EEA. Blacktrace will continue to monitor this in considering any 3rd party provider changes in the future. Should a requirement for data to be transferred outside of the EU, Blacktrace will implement controls and safeguards to ensure that equal to or greater data protection measures are enforced, and records are retained to evidence this.