FRX Flow Chemistry - Syrris - Affordable Flow Chemistry
FRX Flow Chemistry Overview
- Category: FRX
- Published: 18 November 2009
FRX Microreactor Chip
FRX Flow Liquid Liquid Extraction Module (FLLEX)
The FRX system from Syrris makes flow chemistry cost effective, easy to use, understandable and affordable. FRX is made up of a number of modules that can be connected together to form simple yet powerful flow chemistry systems.
Watch the Introduction to FRX Video [see more videos...]
- Faster reactions: Increase reaction rates over 100 fold by superheating reactions significantly above reflux e.g. dichloromethane to 100°C, acetonitrile 150°C and water to 170°C.
- Cleaner reactions: Reduced impurities via excellent, reproducible reaction control and optional use of solid phase reagents / catalysts / scavengers.
- Inline aqueous work-up: The Flow Liquid Liquid Extraction Module (FLLEX) enables two immiscible phases to be mixed and separated in flow, immediately following the reaction.
- Safer reactions: Only small amounts of materials react at any time, minimising exotherms and the quantity of any hazardous intermediates.
- Rapid development: Reaction time, temperature and equivalents can be rapidly varied using mg of substrate.
- Scale-up: Production rates up to kg overnight. Wide temperature range. Heat reactions up to 200°C or cool down to -20°C.
- Chemically resistant: Glass and PTFE reactors allow a wide range of chemistry.
- Compact size: FRX systems fit easily into standard fume cupboards.
All the FRX systems are intuitive and easy to use, without the need for tools. The configuration of a system can be changed in seconds to meet the needs of different reactions.